Thursday, 10 May 2012

Burda Lydia #3197 - Long sleeve T-shirt

I need some long sleeve T-shirts so decided to try the BurdaStyle Lydia pattern after seeing it online.  I especially liked this version with a peter pan collar (current obsession, love them so much) which showed how versatile the pattern can be.  And only $1.00. 

After reading some blogs online that recommended to cut a size down from my usual Burda size, I cut size 34 in the top grading out to a 36 in the hips.  By the measurements I should have used a 36/38. Next time I will cut a 34 all over, it is already cut for a pear shape body and I don't need the extra in the hips in this pattern.  If I wanted a more fitted look I could even cut a 32 on a more stretchy jersey fabric.

I cut a size 38 neckline as a lazy way to get a higher neckline.

Took an inch off the length as the waist seemed a little long for me but I also didn't really need to do this, I think it is now just a tad short.

All up, I made it up in an evening of sewing and I am very happy with it.  Looking forward to making a few more off this pattern.




Just as a note to Janome: what's with the not including twin needle instructions in the instruction manual for the Janome 6260QC????? Huh!!!!! HUH!!!

Anyhow, for my future reference here are a list of the most useful twin needle tutorials I found:

You Tube Video Useful Tips for Twin Needle Stitching
YouTube Video - Detailed Threading Info (not sure if relevant to my Janome)
http://www.isew.co.uk/sewing_techniques/twin_needles-c-00210.htm
http://swn-archive.sew-whats-up.com/archive/t-15033.html


1 comment :

  1. cute tshirt.. Love the stripe..Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...