I had a great Saturday afternoon where I actually managed to escape suburbia for a brief couple of h...9:24:00 p.m.
Pale Green Burda LydiaI had a great Saturday afternoon where I actually managed to escape suburbia for a brief couple of hours and trekked across Sydney to my new favourite place: Sydney Remnant Warehouse.
I did go just a little crazy and stash shopped like a mad-woman, stocking up on a whole heap of 1m lengths of very good quality italian cotton jersey in lots of colours to make a whole series of BurdaStyle Lydia long sleeved T's for this winter/autumn.
First off the rank was this pale green version. The Lydia I made up in a size 34 but I did taper out to the smallest possible seam allowance at the bottom to cater for my pear shape. This is such a fast easy project and results in a RTW looking top. I used my twin needles to do a mock coverstitch to finish the hems and neckline and I am pretty happy with the professional "non homemade" look it gives.
I had some trouble with my twin needles last time I tried it but was able to work out the kinks (it all came down to how I threaded it, on a Janome you treat the two threads as one and thread together down until the little hook thingy just above the needle, the main thread goes in the little hook on the left as normal and threaded through the left needle, the second thread goes into a little hook on the right that I have never noticed before and threaded through the needle on the right) and it worked perfectly this time.
It was perfectly acceptable when I made it but then I decided it looked boring and so I used this ruffle tutorial and also some ideas for the flower from this one as well to add ruffles:
|My attempt at ruffles lasted less than a day....|
|Adding a bright scarf is more my look I decided.|