Saturday, 5 May 2012

Simplicity 9825 View E - A-line Skirt

This is the third version of this pattern I have made in just over a week so I think I'll give it rest after this.  I'm pretty bored with it.  Its a good pattern but after making it three times here are my notes:

I have needed to cut the size 14 yoke to fit the size 12 skirt.  Not sure if this is related to my change in construction method of sewing the yoke and skirt together before sewing up the side seams (mainly because I used an invisible zipper).

Even though my measurements put me halfway between a size 12 and a 14, this pattern seems to have alot of ease as even with the size 12 I have needed to sew the side seams with 3/4 inch seams or more to fit.

Simplicity 9825 View E

Fabric wrinkles a bit, time to
start using better quality fabric.

Close up of the top stitching

I also added a lining to the skirt and sewed the lining to the zipper.  I am getting much better at this, which gives the inside of the skirt a really professional finish.

All up, this is a quick and easy pattern, fits well and is easy to make.  The pattern instructions seem clear and understandable, but I didn't follow them as I wanted to use an invisible zipper and add a lining, which changed the way the skirt needed to be assembled.

1 comment :

  1. This skirt is really great and I like the topstitching effect.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...