Spring Sorbetto Blouse I made this Sorbetto back in March but am only posting it up...7:47:00 p.m.
Sorbetto #3 Spring Blouse Version
|Spring Sorbetto Blouse|
For this version I applied the fitting lessons from my previous two versions: a sloping shoulder adjustment and grading from a size 2 in the shoulders to a 6 in the hips, plus I lowered and angled the bust dart as that seemed to be more flattering for my (cough) small bust. I cut the size 18 length and as the armholes are very high and tight, this was easily fixed by cutting the size 16 armholes.
I added the sleeves available free here, although I did make them a little less full by taking out some of the sleeve width (just cut straight down the middle from shoulder line to hem and then moved both pieces in about 3/4 inch, re-taped together and smoothed out the shoulder curve, it worked perfectly) and made it into a blouse by not cutting the front on the fold and then using the pleat section as facings. I used a hot pink pias binding, saving me heaps of time as I did not need to make the bias trim, and used it on the neckline and sleeves. I also used the pink bias binding to cover some buttons, which look great and worth the effort to make.
|Love the binding and buttons|
|The inside facing with bound edges and showing the front darts.|