Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Sorbetto #3 Spring Blouse Version

MMM'12 Day 9
Spring Sorbetto Blouse





I made this Sorbetto back in March but am only posting it up now as I decided it deserved its own listing. This is just a cheap cotton from spotlight, but it has a gorgeous print that I just love and is bursting with spring.  It is also a lovely fabric, it hardly creases.

For this version I applied the fitting lessons from my previous two versions: a sloping shoulder adjustment and grading from a size 2 in the shoulders to a 6 in the hips, plus I lowered and angled the bust dart as that seemed to be more flattering for my (cough) small bust.  I cut the size 18 length and as the armholes are very high and tight, this was easily fixed by cutting the size 16 armholes.

I added the sleeves available free here, although I did make them a little less full by taking out some of the sleeve width (just cut straight down the middle from shoulder line to hem and then moved both pieces in about 3/4 inch, re-taped together and smoothed out the shoulder curve, it worked perfectly) and made it into a blouse by not cutting the front on the fold and then using the pleat section as facings.  I used a hot pink pias binding, saving me heaps of time as I did not need to make the bias trim, and used it on the neckline and sleeves.  I also used the pink bias binding to cover some buttons, which look great and worth the effort to make.


Sorbetto #3
Love the binding and buttons
I added a bit more shape to the blouse by adding darts front and back, working out the placement just by trying it on and pinning what looked good.

Sorbetto #3
The inside facing with bound edges and showing the front darts.

2 comments :

  1. This is so sweet and gorgeous I want one just like it! You look really in pink.
    You can't have a bust that is any smaller than mine...you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one.. the fabric is beautiful.. and I love your binding and buttons on it..cute.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...