Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Stashbusting Sewalong and Stuff


Stashbusting Sewalong

I've made the following pledge over at Cation Designs:

"I, Janelle of Sew Hopeful, commit to using at least 12 pieces of stash fabric in 2013. I also commit to no new pattern purchases except anything released by Sewingcake.com and no new fabric purchases except for my couture dress class until I have used up said 12 pieces of stash fabric."

 Gulp.

Here is a picture of some of the fabrics I plan on using this year:

From left to right, top row: Vintage gingham in green and white, enough for a dress, a purple ponte knit, a cream cotton lace, a navy cotton lace, a cream silk cotton, aqua knit.  Bottom row: A green stripe knit, a border print, a blue vintage poly cotton, a blue and white stripe knit, a pink cotton with a floral print, a cotton voile in a bright watermelon with a small print, a cream cotton with the small purple and green flower, and a cream wool knit.
There are 6 dress lengths and the rest are only enough for a top or a skirt.

On other news, I was the featured member yesterday on Pattern Review, which was a nice surprise.  I love that site.  It helps so much when evaluating whether a pattern will work for me or not.

Oohhh, look, over there on the right....

8 comments :

  1. Congrat's on the feature member, and good luck with the stash busting. You have some beautiful pieces of fabric to sew with this year...J

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stash looks so pretty and colorful! I like that you have an assortment of knits and wovens in different lengths. And way to work in SewingCake as an exception into your pattern buying hiatus. Gotta support the independent pattern designers! Congratulations on the PR feature too...I love that site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil and Yana Riethmuller9:19 am, January 17, 2013

    Great pledge, look forward to seeing what you make from your lovely fabrics. Congrats on the PR feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I missed you at PR yesterday, congratulations on being featured. Great pledge, maybe I should do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with this challenge. You are braver than me because I know I would fail very quickly. I am down in Melbourne for a week and I visited Tessuti Fabrics this morning. Any restraint that I thought I had went out the window as soon as I walked through the door. Heaven! I am looking forward to seeing your stash busting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you make, I love your makes, beautiful detail and fit.
    I really need to join this stashbusting exercise - if nothing else it will help me refrain from purchases pre-London this April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phil and Yana Riethmuller2:26 pm, February 11, 2013

    Hi again, it was lovely to meet you on Saturday! The fabric you got for the couture dress is just lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished item. It will be just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...