Monday, 15 April 2013

Lace Yoke Tee and Me Made May 2013

I cobbled together another t-shirt using some scrap lace and this pale pink jersey from fabric.com. The back and sleeves are sheer, the neckline and sleeve edges are bound using a 1" strip of the jersey.  I serged one of the sides, sewed the unserged side right sides together and then flipped over and did a line of top stitching on the lace just catching the serged edge of the strip.  Very easy and non bulky finish. 

The front is lined with the jersey.  I planned to have it sheer but I didn't like how I could see my bra so I lined it.


 




I wore it today with jeans but I think it would look pretty tucked in to a pencil skirt as well for a dressier look.

Anyway, not much more to say about that, its the same self drafted pattern I used for my other t-shirts.

I say it was cobbled together as I really didn't try very hard to make the binding perfect.  It was very much thrown together but hey, its just a t-shirt and its very wearable so I'm glad I didn't waste spend hours extra trying to make it all perfect. 

And also, here is my signup for Me-Made-May-2013.

'I, Janelle of Sew Hopeful, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I will endeavour to wear a handmade or refashioned garment/accessory every day for the duration May 2013'.

me-made-may'13

Me-Made-May was a real turning point for me last year. I met some amazing people who I have maintained contact with over the past 12 months, I got inspired, encouraged and motivated.  I am SO looking forward to it again although it WILL be challenge.

The flickr group is here (no pics until May though) and the twitter hashtag is #MMMay13.  Two weeks to go and no panic sewing happening here (cough cough).

8 comments:

  1. Nice top. I look forward to seeing your MMM. I don't have a problem wearing Me Made - but taking the photos can be hard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janelle, I have been meaning to comment for ages about all of your recent projects. They are all lovely and I really like this t- shirt. Did you use stretch lace or is it woven? I really like your Tiramisu dress and top. That was such a good idea to use the pattern as a top. I never think of these options unless I have a remnant that I adore and have to dream up something to make with it and be as creative as possible. I am about to make a Tiramisu (my 2nd) in some lovely fabric from Tessuti. I find it such a useful dress and so comfortable to wear. Hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top Janelle! Just enough lace for my liking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant top for both jeans and skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have thrown it together, but it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lace top, just enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! I think it would look great with a pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Top! I love the lace yoke. I have not attempted to sew with lace yet, but have about a dozen online patterns 'saved'. I think I may have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...